Parents » FAQ


How do I register my child at Park View Elementary?

The following documents are required for registration:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Tennessee School Immunization Certificate 
  • Proof of Residence - Acceptable proof includes a current utility bill, with the parent's name and address printed on it. If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a contract or lease of a house and/or apartment will be accepted.
  • Social Security Card

What is the dress code?

  • Shoes must be worn at all times. This is in compliance with state health and safety regulations. Wear tennis shoes on PE day. 
  • No hats or caps should be worn inside the building except on designated days. 
  • The top garment (blouse or shirt) must overlap the bottom garment; no halter tops, spaghetti straps, bare midriffs or backsides are permitted. 
  • Clothing which advertises tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, lewd or inappropriate graphics may not be worn. 
  • Any form of dress that is immodest, offensive, or disruptive to the learning atmosphere may not be worn. 
  • Shorts and skirts should reach one's fingertips when arms are held to their sides. 
  • Parents must follow the same dress code while on school property or field trips.

How can I become a parent volunteer?

Please contact Buffy Frazier, our Title I teacher, for more information about opportunities and procedures for becoming a parent volunteer. Email: [email protected]

Which bus will my child ride?

You can search for buses by street name at this link: 

What school supplies does my child need?

Download here:

How can I make an appointment with my child's teacher?

You may leave a message for your child's teacher by calling the Main Office (423-476-6602). You may also contact teachers through e-mail.